Royal Canin Cat Food in 2023 – Top Products Rated
If we look at the ratings of Royal Canin Cat Food then they are pretty good. The customers are quite satisfied with the customer service at the company. The species appropriateness of the brand and the quality of the products is also praiseworthy. To know more about other factors of Royal Canin Cat Food, read this article.
Best Royal Canin Cat Food
- FORMULATED FOR ADULT CATS: Royal Canin Indoor Adult Dry Cat Food is formulated for indoor cats 1-7 years old
- HAIRBALL MAINTENANCE: An optimal blend of fiber to help cats pass ingested hair through digestive system helps provide hairball relief
- WEIGHT MANAGEMENT: Controlled calorie content adapted for an indoor cat’s leisurely lifestyle promotes weight management
- OPTIMAL STOOL: Highly digestible proteins increase the digestibility of nutrients while decreasing stool amounts (and litter box odors)
- ORAL HEALTH: Specialized kibble and added essential minerals help slow the formation of tartar
- FOR CATS WITH DIGESTIVE ISSUES: Royal Canin Sensitive Digestion Dry Cat Food is formulated for adult cats with digestive tract sensitivities
- DIGESTIVE HEALTH: Prebiotics and highly digestible proteins support optimal digestive health
- SPECIALIZED KIBBLE: Unique kibble shapes offer maximum appetite appeal
- OPTIMAL STOOL: A higher concentration of nutrients in a small serving size supports healthy digestion and optimal stool
- COMPLETE AND BALANCED: Dry cat kibble is 100% complete and balanced nutrition and the perfect complement to Royal Canin Digest Sensitive Wet Cat Food formulas
- Royal Canin Digest Sensitive Thin Slices in Gravy wet cat food is formulated for cats 1 year and older with sensitive stomachs
- Highly digestible proteins help cats absorb nutrients better, while decreasing stool odor
- Helps maintain an ideal weight with specially formulated nutrition
- Precisely balanced blend of vitamins and minerals provides optimal cat health and wellness
- Perfect complement to Royal Canin Digestive Care dry cat food
- Royal Canin Adult Instinctive Thin Slices in Gravy is soft cat food for cats 1-7 years old
- Satisfies even the pickiest eaters with an instinctively preferred ratio of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates
- A precisely balanced blend of vitamins and minerals to maintain optimal cat health and wellness
- Promotes healthy digestion and ideal weight, especially for adult cats with an indoor lifestyle
- Mix with Royal Canin Feline Health Nutrition dry formulas for a perfectly balanced combination of nutrition
- FOR CATS WITH SENSITIVE STOMACHS: Royal Canin Digestive Care Dry Cat Food is formulated for cats 1 year and older with sensitive stomachs
- HEALTHY DIGESTION: An optimal blend of prebiotics and dietary fibers promotes digestive health
- OPTIMAL STOOL: This precise diet is proven to be effective after 10 days with over 95% healthy stool quality
- SPECIALIZED KIBBLE: Exclusive ring-shaped kibble encourages slower eating to help support healthy digestion
- MIX WITH WET FOOD: Perfect complement to Royal Canin Digest Sensitive Wet Cat Food formulas
- FORMULATED FOR YOUNG KITTENS: Royal Canin Kitten Dry Cat Food is formulated for the second stage of kittenhood (between 4 months and 1 year); keeping them on this formula until they reach 12 months of age helps set up a healthy foundation for life
- STRONG IMMUNE SYSTEM: An innovative blend of clinically proven antioxidants, including vitamins E and C, helps support the healthy development of your kitten’s immune system
- MICROBIOME SUPPORT: The combination of prebiotics and highly digestible proteins helps promote a healthy balance of intestinal bacteria for digestive health
- HEALTHY GROWTH: An adapted level of protein, vitamins, and minerals supports the rising energy levels of your kitten’s growing bones and muscles for healthy development during the final stage of kittenhood
- EASY-TO-CHEW KIBBLE: Unique kibble texture is easy to chew, perfect for a young cat’s mouth and new teeth
- CATS PRONE TO HAIRBALLS: Royal Canin Hairball Care Dry Cat Food is tailored nutrition for cats 1 year and older prone to hairballs
- HAIRBALL MANAGEMENT: Rather than hairballs building up in a cat’s stomach and being regurgitated, this hairball treatment formula helps move hair the cat swallows through the GI tract
- SPECIAL FIBER BLEND: A specific blend of dietary fibers helps control hairball development for digestive health
- HEALTHY DIGESTION: Helps manage hairballs that can lead to digestive sensitivities
- MIX WITH WET FOOD: This adult cat food is the perfect complement to Royal Canin Hairball Care Thin Slices in Gravy Wet Cat Food
- FOR SLIGHTLY OVERWEIGHT CATS: Royal Canin Feline Weight Care delivers complete and balanced nutrition for adult cats that have a tendency to gain weight or need to lose a little bit of weight
- WEIGHT LOSS: Over 90% of slightly overweight cats fed this dry food lost weight within two months
- HEALTHY METABOLISM: Provides L-carnitine to help with fat metabolism and adapted protein content to help maintain muscle mass while supporting an ideal body condition and healthy weight loss in slightly overweight cats
- WEIGHT CONTROL: An ideal fiber blend to help cats feel full and helps limit additional weight gain
- MAINTAINS LEAN MUSCLE MASS: Delicious cat kibble formulated with the complete and balanced nutrition cats need to maintain a healthy weight
- FORMULATED FOR PUREBRED PERSIAN CATS: Royal Canin Persian Adult Cat Food is formulated to meet the nutritional needs of purebred Persian cats 1 year and older
- SKIN AND COAT: Breed-specific nutrients promote skin and coat health, helping to keep a Persian’s long hair soft and shiny
- HAIRBALL MAINTENANCE: A complex blend of fibers to help cats pass ingested hair and reduce hairball formation
- DIGESTIVE HEALTH: Highly digestible proteins and prebiotics help maintain healthy digestion
- SPECIALIZED KIBBLE: Unique kibble is designed for the shortened jaw of a Persian cat and encourages chewing to help with oral care
Royal Canin Cat Food
Background of Royal Canin
As you might already know, Royal Canin is a brand that has already made its mark in the pet care industry with all its products. The brand was started way back in the 1960s. A veterinary surgeon named Jean Cathary was trying to establish his practice to the south of France in a place called Airmargues. He started off with experimenting in pet food. Cathary tried to make some nutritious diet for pets with homemade food.
He had to go through an extensive process of making multiple recipes which he baked in his garage. Finally, he found out that a lot of animals in the village were getting cured by recipes made from cereals. These recipes were developed and Cathary later opened a brand where he started selling them. The brand received the trademark of Royal Canin and went on to become one of the stalwarts in the industry of pet food.
In the year 1972, the brand was bought by Guyomarc’h Group which gave a huge impetus to the brand. It spread its limbs all across Europe in countries like Belgium, Denmark, Italy, Spain, Germany, and Sweden. This went on for almost about three decades and then in the year 2001, the well-known company Mars. Inc. purchased Royal Canin.
Cat food at Royal Canin
Over 100 varieties are available when you shop for cat food at Royal Canin. Factors like body size, life stage, breed, health conditions, and lifestyle are taken into account when these products are made. So, you can choose products according to these factors. Also, the cat foods are available in the form of both dry and wet food.
Ingredients of Royal Canin Cat food
Generally, a lot of vets prescribe Royal Canin Cat food when you take your cat out for a checkup. Hardly there are a lot of complaints about the brand. They focus a lot on the overall nutrition of cats with every recipe having a unique composition for a specific purpose. If we look at the recipes of Royal Canin Cat food, then we can zero down on roughly about 137 ingredients that the brand uses.
Some of the most commonly used ingredients in the diets of Royal Canin Cat food are corn gluten meal, pork by-products, water, wheat gluten, chicken liver. Water is an ingredient that is used in all meals for processing. No artificial food color is used in any product. The products have grains in them although a lot of people are of the opinion that cat food should be free of grains.
Some of the common grains that Royal Canin Cat food uses are wheat, barley, corn, wheat flour, rice hulls, corn starch, corn gluten meal, brewers rice, and rice flour. The company has been under debate for using ingredients like pork plasma, dried tomato pomace, venison by-products, powdered cellulose, vegetable oil, chicken by-product meal, pea protein, soybean protein isolate, duck by-product meal, and hydrolyzed poultry by-products aggregate.
The truth is, as of now, no problem has been found with these products. When you look at the ingredient list, you may not like what you see. But, they have mostly had great effects on cats because the dosage percentage of these ingredients are always correct.
There is a veterinary pet food division at Royal Canin which can be bought for cats with specific needs with regard to their diet. This can work wonder for cats that have serious health issues like skin problems, obesity, dental issues, sensitive stomach, etc. The veterinary foods will need a prescription from the vet but this only means that you are feeding your feline food that is approved and well balanced.
How to choose the best cat food?
Before you choose any product from Royal Canin Cat Food, you need to know what ingredients you should look for. Here is a list of things that every good quality cat food should have:
Cats can be pretty fussy when it comes to food. There are some that will need food that has no grains in it. Such cats will need more attention to their diet and will want grain-free meals.
Meat sources are the best possible sources when you want your cat to have healthy proteins. Make sure that you are feeding them meals rich in protein and that those proteins are human-grade one.
If the whole diet of your cat does not have a wholesome nutritional profile, then your cat will always be sickly and weak no matter what you feed it. Choose recipes with nutrients like Omega 3 and 6 and taurine which are very nutritious in nature.
Why choose Royal Canin Cat food?
Apart from what we have already mentioned, there are some stock reasons why most people choose Royal Canin over any other brand. The first and foremost reason is that cats seem to absolutely love Royal Canin Cat Food. Now, since cats can be picky with their food, most cat owners do not like to experiment and just feed their cats what they love. When it comes to taste, most cat owners swear by Royal Canin Cat food.
Cats also suffer from many long term health issues. There have been many a time when cat owners have seen an immediate upward growth in the health chart of their cats after feeding them Royal Canin Cat Food. When customers see instant results, they tend to choose Royal Canin for their cats. No one wants to part with the brand which brings a positive change in their cat’s health.
So, if you have been looking for that one perfect cat food for your feline, Royal Canin just might be your answer. Grab a packet today!
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2023-09-23.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.