Just like we worry about our diet and whether it contains all the sufficient nutrition, we also have to think about the diet balance of our pet dogs. Have you ever wondered if your dog gets enough vitamins in its share of food? Both home cooked food and dog meals are thought to be complete for a dog’s diet but this might not be true. Often they also need vitamins in the form of supplements to stay healthy. In this article we will tell you more about dog vitamins.
Best Dog Vitamins
Multifunctional Supplements for Dogs - Glucosamine Chondroitin for Joint Support, Probiotics for Gut & Immune Health – Omega Fish Oil with Antioxidants and Vitamins for Skin & Heart Health - 90 Count
- 8-in-1 Formula - Zesty Paws Multifunctional Bites are functional supplement chews with premium ingredients that support physical performance, antioxidants, hip & joint, heart, immune, skin, liver, & gut health for dogs of all ages, breeds, and sizes.
- Skin Health & Antioxidants – For animals with sensitive skin, this formula contains Cod Liver Fish Oil and Vitamin E to help maintain normal moisture and CoQ10 to help reduce oxidative stress.
- Hip, Joint & Performance Support - Each dog chew features OptiMSM, a premium form of MSM for muscular support, which works synergistically with the Glucosamine HCl and Chondroitin Sulfate in these chews for hip and joint support plus Cod Liver Oil and B-Complex Vitamins support normal physical performance.
- Gut Health & Probiotics - These chews also contain a six-strain Gut Health Blend (500 million cfu per chew) and a Digestive Health Blend to promote gut flora while supporting normal bowel function for dogs.
- Heart, Liver & Immune Health - Multifunctional Bites feature CoQ10, Cod Liver Oil and Vitamins A, C, & E to promote healthy cardiovascular function, support liver health and enhance immune response.
ProSense Vitamin Solutions 90 Count, Chewable Tablets for Dogs, Helps Support Overall Wellness (P-87039)
- MULTIVITAMIN FOR DOGS: Formulated with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to support overall canine wellness.
- FOR ALL LIFE STAGES: Appropriate for all puppies, adult and senior dogs.
- FOR ALL DOGS: Suitable for everyday use in all breeds and sizes – see product label for dosing instructions.
- CHEWABLE TABLETS: Contains 90 chewable tablets per bottle.
- PRO-SENSE BRAND: Proactively invest in your pet’s health with sensible health care solutions.
- Packaging may vary.
Dog Multivitamin Chewable with Glucosamine - Dog Vitamins and Supplements - Senior & Puppy Multivitamin for Dogs - Pet Joint Support Health - Immunity - Mobility - Energy - Gut - Skin - 120 Chews
- 【15-IN-1 Dog Multivitamin】offers a unique and effective blend of dog supplements & vitamins, including 6 probiotics, Omega-3 rich salmon oil, glucosamine, promoting your pet's overall wellbeing
- 【Hip & Joint Support】our dog vitamins multivitamin provides hip and joint support, helping to reduce inflammation & improve flexibility, enabling your dog to enjoy better mobility and a more active lifestyle.
- 【Gut + Skin & Coat】 These vitamins for dogs contain Omega 3 fatty acids, which can help reduce itchiness, redness, and excessive scratching or licking, promoting healthier skin and a shinier
- 【Suitable For All Ages And Sizes】Our puppy vitamins and supplements are suitable for all dog sizes: small, medium, and large. These chews are appropriate for dogs of all ages, puppies and senior dogs
- 【Made in The U.S.A + VET Formulated】Our dog vitamins for small dogs are made in the USA and formulated by VETS in an FDA-registered facility that meets the highest quality standards
NaturVet All-in-One Dog Supplement - for Joint Support, Digestion, Skin, Coat Care – Dog Multivitamins with Minerals, Omega-3, 6, 9 – Wheat-Free Vitamins for Dogs – 120 Soft Chews
- HIGH-QUALITY HEALTH SUPPLEMENT FOR DOGS: Give your pet the nutritional support that provides four different health benefits. All-In-One provides support for hip & joints, skin & coat, digestive enzymes & probiotics, and finally the multi vitamins and minerals essential to overall health and well-being.
- NUTRITIONAL PET SUPPLEMENTS: Ensure that your canine companion receives the nutrients he needs with these All-In-One wheat-free dog supplements. The convenience of four products in one makes supplement time easy for you and enjoyable for your pet.
- WHOLESOME DOG SUPPLEMENTS: NaturVet All-in-One Dog Supplement features glucosamine and chondroitin for pet joint support, Omegas 3, 6 and 9 for skin & coat, enzymes & probiotics to ensure proper absorption of nutrients and essential vitamins and minerals for the overall health for dogs of all ages.
- TASTY, DOG SOFT CHEW SUPPLEMENT: Fuel your pup’s body with essential nutrients and a natural tasty flavoring. These soft chew dog supplements taste like a treat and are packaged in a re-sealable jar for continued freshness.
- PET PRODUCTS YOU CAN TRUST: Since 1994, NaturVet has been serving the four-legged community with wholesome and nutritional dog supplements so your pup or senior dog maintains a healthy lifestyle. Made by NaturVet in the USA.
- Contains (1) 15 ounce bottle of daily vitamin treats for dogs
- Tastes like a treat works like a vitamin
- Each formulation has a unique blend of nutrients to help support specific functions and is not 100% complete and balanced
- Helps support immune system, brain & heart, and digestion
- With beneficial Omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants
- Real chicken is the number 1 Ingredient
Wolf Spring Liquid Dog Multivitamin (6 Bottles) - Natural Dog Health Supplement for Dog Joint Health, Skin, & Digestion - Dog Vitamins Multivitamin & Dog Immune Supplement - Add Directly to Food!
- Support Optimal Digestion & Healthy Poops - Keep Fido regular with a vet developed natural liquid dog supplement complete with Inulin, vitamins, & minerals dogs young and old love
- Maintain Lasting Hip, Joint, & Muscle Mobility - Skip the senior dog treats and enhance your old pal's favorite food with a tasty dose of Glucosamine to help with lasting mobility at any age!
- Stimulate a Resilient Immune System - With a powerful blend of pet vitamins & dog supplements rich in antioxidants, our dog vitamin blend stimulates a strong immune system & lasting overall wellness.
- Keep Your Dog's Skin & Coat Healthy - Whether replacing puppy supplements, or senior dog treats, Wolf Spring Liquid Multivitamin has the right stuff to keep your dog's skin & coat looking amazing!
- Electrolyte-Rich Dog Supplement - Maintain your dog's fluid balance with the natural hydration of coconut water, rich in electrolytes. A simple way to keep your furry friend feeling their best
Pet Naturals Daily Multivitamin for Dogs, Veggie Flavor, 150 Chews - Yummy Chews with Amino Acids, and Antioxidants - Supports Energy, Metabolic Function and Pet Wellness
- VET FORMULATED - Daily Multi for dogs is a veterinarian formulated supplement for use in dogs of all ages. It includes 28 nutrients to help keep dogs of all ages in peak condition.
- COMPLETE MULTIVITAMIN - Daily Multi fills the nutritional voids in commercial pet foods due to nutrient decay during processing. Our multivitamin supports a healthy coat, digestive health, Organ function and much more.
- DELICIOUS FLAVOR - Daily Multi chews have a delicious vegetable flavor makes them easy to give and will have your pet literally begging for more.
- CORN AND WHEAT FREE - Daily Multi is free of corn, artificial ingredients and wheat that may cause digestive upset.
- MADE IN THE USA - All Pet Naturals products are manufactured in the USA and distributed from our offices in the Green Mountains of Vermont.
Dog Multivitamin Chewable with Glucosamine - Dog Vitamins and Supplements, Senior & Puppy Multivitamin for Dogs - Pet Chondroitin Hip and Joint Support Health, Immune Booster, Skin, Heart, Probiotics
- 11 in 1 Dog Multivitamin: With an innovative formula based on 6 probiotics, Omega-3 rich salmon oil, glucosamine and other essential vitamins and minerals, this vitamins for dogs large breed is the perfect choice for promoting your pet’s wellbeing!
- Hip and Joint Support: The Grateful Pawz natural dog vitamins multivitamin can help reduce joint inflammation and rigidity, allowing your dog to enjoy enhanced mobility and flexibility by increasing lubrication.
- Skin and Coat Health: Packed with Omega 3 fatty acids and chondroitin, these soft senior dog vitamins can help reduce itchiness, redness and excess scratching or licking, keeping your dog’s coat shiny and strong! 10 8 5
- Gut and Digestion: With prebiotic inulin and 6 prebiotic strains having 300 million CFU, these dog prenatal vitamins can support gut & digestive health, enjoying maximum bioavailability & a rapid nutrient delivery system. Small, medium, large dogs
- Favorite Everyday Treat: The Grateful Pawz dog supplements & vitamins have an ultra-soft chewy texture and delicious natural chicken flavor, ideal even for the pickiest of eaters! An excellent choice for dogs of all breeds and sizes!
VETRISCIENCE Canine Plus MultiVitamin for Senior Dogs - Vet Recommended Vitamin Supplement - Supports Mood, Skin, Coat, Liver Function, 60 (Packaging May Vary)
- SENIOR DOG HEALTH - Canine Plus Senior incorporates over 25 balanced ingredients that are not found in most dog foods or ordinary multivitamin supplements
- VITAL MINERALS - Each vegetable flavored soft chew provides vital minerals that support proper composition of body fluids, bone structure and helps to maintain healthy nerve function and cognitive health
- FULL SUPPORT - Canine Plus Senior is recommended for geriatric dogs to support heart, liver, brain and eye function as well as physical and mental well-being
- TASTY DUCK FLAVOR - Healthy habits shouldn't taste bad! That's why we've worked hard to make these duck-flavored chews so tasty your pup will be begging for more. Complete nutritional support has never tasted so good
- MADE IN THE USA - At VetriScience Laboratories, our mission is to help pets live happier, healthier lives. That's why all of our products are made with care right here in the USA and formulated by veterinarians
PetHonesty 10 in 1 Dog Multivitamin - Glucosamine Essential Dog Supplements & Vitamins - Glucosamine Chondroitin, Probiotics, Omega Fish Oil - Dogs Health & Heart- Dog Health Supplies (Peanut Butter)
- 10 BENEFITS IN 1 DAILY CHEW - Our 10 in1 Multivitamin chews combine a well-rounded blend of essential vitamins and supplements for dogs' overall daily health including glucosamine, probiotics, vitamins, and omegas. Vitamins A, C, and D3 have antioxidant properties that help improve your dog's immune system and keep their heart strong and healthy.
- JOINT HEALTH WITH GLUCOSAMINE - These soft chews have high amounts of glucosamine and other joint support ingredients that may help reduce joint inflammation caused by normal activity. These chews may help increase mobility and flexibility in your dog by providing building blocks for synovial fluid, cartilage, and connective tissues.
- HELP IMPROVE DIGESTION AND SKIN - Our chews contain 1 Billion CFU probiotics and pumpkin, which help keep your dog's digestive system and digestive tract running smoothly as well as targeting root causes of skin irritation. Their coat health is also supported by eggshell meal and omegas from krill oil, which can help heal dry, itchy, and flaky skin and increases coat strength, shine, and overall health.
- PET HONESTY PLEDGE: A taste your pet will love & results you can trust. Made with the most effective natural + other premium ingredients. Formulated without corn, wheat, or soy. No artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors.
- MADE IN THE U.S.A. | NASC MEMBER COMPANY: All Pet Honesty products are made in the US with US and globally sourced ingredients and are produced in a GMP compliant facility that meets the highest safety standards so you can rest assured you're giving your pet the best quality product possible! Pet Honesty is also a NASC member company meaning it’s met the highest quality and compliance standards for pet supplements.
Does my dog need Dog Vitamins?
From provide core strength to the bones and muscles to making the skin and coat glow, Vitamins do a lot for dogs. If your dog is a fussy eater then vitamin supplements will be even more important because the diet does not suffice. Some particular illnesses that occur in dogs can be evaded just with the help of additional vitamin intake.
Whether your dog needs vitamins for certain illnesses can be discussed with a good vet. Doing this will not only give your dog the exact dog vitamins that it needs but it will also tell you the illness that needs to be taken care of. You also need to know that too much intake of certain vitamins can even cause problems. This is why we suggest a vet consultation so that you can have a detailed and an expert view of your dog’s health status.
What kind of vitamins are better?
A lot of the vitamins that you find in the market are all synthetic and hardly does your dog any good. A way better idea is to choose vitamins that are natural and will nourish the health of your pet from the roots. From the internal organs like kidneys, liver, lungs, to bones, muscles, and the top coat, these vitamins will take care of all.
List of Vitamins
The vitamins that we need are also necessary for dogs. Here is a list of the Vitamins and the effects they have on your pup’s health:
Vitamin A is a vitamin that is soluble in fat and takes a huge credit for the growth of a lot of things in a dog’s body. For example, the functioning of a cell, overall growth, immunity, etc, are all the credit of Vitamin A.
Vitamin B is further divided into smaller categories, each of which perform different functions. From helping in metabolism, regulation of hormones, to synthesizing of proteins, the different B Vitamins do a lot in your pet’s body.
Vitamin C works as an antioxidant and can even have anti-ageing properties. If your pup is hurt and has inflammation, then Vitamin C can help reduce that. A healthy dog has an ability to produce Vitamin C naturally in their liver but certain dogs might lack this. And in that case you will need to provide Vitamin C supplements.
This is a very important part of your dog’s body as it helps in the strengthening and growth of bones. It is responsible for the balance of calcium in a dog’s body and a deficiency of this can cause a hindrance in the normal growth of your pup.
If your dog has oxidative damage then Vitamin E will help fight against it. This Vitamin is fat soluble and takes a huge role in the metabolization of fat. Deficiency of this Vitamin can cause muscle degeneration and problems in reproduction. Also, your dog might have eyesight related problems if they have less of this Vitamin in their body.
Does your dog have a lot of blood loss in the slightest of injuries? Then probably it might be lacking in Vitamin K which helps to clot blood. Any deficiency of this Vitamin can be life threating at times too.
Omega-3 and Omega-6 have fatty acids in them which will be highly beneficial for the cardiovascular health of your pooch. Functions like digestion, the coat, skin, etc, will remain in good condition if your dog has sufficient fatty acids.
How to buy Dog Vitamins?
If you do not want to consult a vet before buying Dog Vitamins then some tips will surely help you. We have prepared a list that will help you choose the best one:
- Go for a company that has good ratings and tests their products clinically.
- Check the labels and know the ingredients properly without throwing stones in the dark. Being aware of the facts will help you in choosing the right product.
- The company should have checks based on the quality control of their products.
- A certification from an organization that is independent and is reviewing the company will work as an advantage factor for the brand.
- Go for products that are trustworthy and have been used by many dog owners.
Safety measures to be taken
Just like the fact that Vitamins can be extremely healthy and are necessary for the survival of dogs, they can have harmful effects too. For instance, the presence of excessive calcium can have problems related to the skeleton in big dogs. If Vitamin A is taken in large quantities, then it can lead to pain in the joints and problems in the blood vessels. Similarly, other vitamins too have potential risks.
In this matter, only an expert like a vet can help you to chart out the balance in the diet of your dog. Any decision taken otherwise will only make matters worse. A vet will be able to give proper instruction regarding the dosage of Dog Vitamins so that your pooch can romp about in the pink of health.
If you have consulted a vet, then you can go online and place an order for the kind of Dog Vitamins that have been prescribed for your dog. The process is absolutely hassle-free and you will get the product delivered at your doorstep in a jiffy. Or else, you will also find the prescribed Dog Vitamins at a local pet care store.
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2023-06-02.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.