Catnip in 2023 – Top Products Rated
We are assuming you have heard of catnip since you are a cat enthusiast. But if you haven’t, then you have come to the right place. In a nutshell, we will give you a holistic idea of what catnip is. People say that catnip can get cats high. Is that true? We shall find out this and a lot more in this article.
- 100% NATURAL: SmartyKat catnip is all-natural and made with no fillers; it's pure, potent, and meets your cat's essential needs for stimulation
- STIMULATING: Catnip contains aromatic oils that give cats a euphoric buzz and stimulates their instincts; most cats respond to catnip with a burst of energy, or frenzied behavior, followed by a period of blissful relaxation
- EASY TO USE: Lightly squeeze catnip-filled items or crush the leaves with your fingers to help release the natural active ingredient in catnip, and sprinkle on your cat's favorite toy or scratcher; a pinch goes a long way
- HELPS SAVE FURNITURE: Catnip is especially effective in helping curb destructive scratching behavior; apply catnip to your cat's scratcher and place near furniture popular with claws to lure felines and help redirect their behavior
- PRODUCT DETAILS: Catnip; Canister, 2 oz
- IMPORTANT: Please keep in mind that kittens usually develop a response to catnip after 6-9 months of age
- ABOUT US: SmartyKat products help pet owners meet basic feline needs; from scratchers and toys to edible grass and catnip, our products are designed to stimulate a particular feline need while fostering a stronger relationship between you and your cat . Keep out of reach of children. Store out of pets' reach when not in use.
- PREMIUM NATURAL CATNIP: Love watching your pet go into a pawing, purring tizzy? Kitty City Catnip is just the thing you need, and it's made with all natural ingredients to give you peace of mind.
- GET MORE PLAY OUT OF CAT TOYS: Catnip toys tend to last for a week or two before they lose your cat's interest. Give them new life with a refresh of all-natural catnip any time they need some attention-holding help.
- ENDLESS USES: With plenty of catnip to use, you can refresh toys for months on end, train your cat to love his scratch pad – instead of scratching up your furniture – or fuel any fun projects you've had in mind to entertain your pet
- SIZE OF 2.5 CUPS: With 2.5 cups of all-natural catnip, you can keep the fun going for months on end. And it all comes in a resealable bag to preserve the freshness. Store the bag in a cool, dry place for maximum lifespan.
- NATURAL: It's all-natural catnip to drive your cat wild.
- Age range description: All Life Stages
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Steele, Arden (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 136 Pages - 11/14/2021 (Publication Date) - PECCAVI PRESS (Publisher)
- Catnip that Actually works
- Pure premium flower top blend.
- Made in the USA
- Country Of Origin: United States
- Comes in a resealable bag or tub for maximum freshness
- POP SOME POPCORN: because you’ll have a ring-side seat to the greatest show on earth. One hit from our cat crack gives cats a buzz that fuels a feline acrobatic frenzy.
- THIS CRACK ISN'T ADDICTIVE: since it is Non-GMO and 100% natural. Cat Crack is made cleanly and reliably in North America with fair labor standards.
- WE'VE GOT THE GOOD STUFF: with a 78%+ Nepetalactone content. It’s the highest and most potent kitty dope commercially available.
- FRESH AS A DIME BAG: from climate controlled storage and sealed under the lid. Neighborhood cats are sure to appreciate this if being used for some under the hood gifts for cats.
- NOT JUST FOR PLAY: Cat Crack can be used for cat training similar to regular cat treats and kitten treats. Introduce new cat accessories by sprinkling some Cat Crack on them. Optionally, Cat Crack can supplement a catnip ball or catnip spray.
- Fresh and potent
- Silver vine may work with cats insensitive to catnip
- Rare to find
- Provide healthy exercise for cats
- Made in USA
- 100% NATURAL: Grown in the USA, our catnip plants are safe, pure, and 100% organic. Keep your cat healthy and happy with our all natural catnip. Meowijuana is ALWAYS preservative, pesticide, filler, and artificial ingredients free because that’s what our feline overlords deserve.
- CAT HEALTH: Mewoijuana promotes a healthy and active lifestyle for cats, no matter their age. Play is a vital activity to relieve anxiety and boredom and maintain a healthy weight in cats.
- PREMIUM TEXTURE AND CUT: Our premium catnip is hand sifted to remove rough bits and stems and then custom-enhanced for a feather-soft feel and max potency.
- FREQUENCY: Catnip can be given every other day to cats. This ensures that your cat will be able to experience a positive reaction towards the catnip every time they eat it.
- NON-ADDICTIVE: Meowijuana is a non addictive catnip. There are no added ingredients that are harmful for your pet.
- CAPTIVATE YOUR CAT with aromatic From the Field Catnip. Fresh, potent and non-toxic, it gives your feline a euphoric feeling that may help ease stress and encourage exercise for overall well-being.
- SMOOTH, STALKLESS cat nip has been finely ground to a velvety texture from mature cat grass. From the Field Catnip is packed with full-bodied essential oils and blooms that contain natural Nepetalactone.
- GROWN IN THE USA in picturesque Washington State, our catnip offers safe cat entertainment. It can be used to refresh your pet’s favorite catnip toys or as a non-calorie alternative to cat treats.
- FRESH AND POTENT From the Field Catnip comes in a resealable container to prolong its powerful effects. A pinch provides hours of fun and dissuades your cat from shredding furniture out of boredom.
- FOR ALL AGES of kittens and cats, our enthralling cat nip is a must-have addition to new kitten accessories. Promoting physical activity, it also belongs among your cat essentials for indoor cats.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Jason Willis (Director)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- Audience Rating: NR (Not Rated)
- LESS MESS: The allure of catnip contained in the convenient form of a spray bottle; a couple of spritz on your cat's favorite toy or scratcher is enough to make them go wild - without the mess of loose catnip flakes
- STIMULATING: Infused with aromatic catnip oils, which gives cats a euphoric buzz and stimulates their instincts; most cats respond to catnip with a burst of energy, or frenzied behavior, followed by a period of blissful relaxation
- HELPS SAVE FURNITURE: Catnip is especially effective in helping curb destructive scratching behavior; spritz on your cat's scratcher and place near furniture popular with claws to lure felines and help redirect their behavior
- EASY TO USE: Simply spray on any surface you would like to lure your cat to, such as their favorite toy, scratcher, or bedding; DO NOT spray directly on your cat's face
- PRODUCT DETAILS: Catnip Mist; 0.7 fl oz
- ABOUT US: SmartyKat products help pet owners meet basic feline needs; from scratchers and toys to edible grass and catnip, our products are designed to stimulate a particular feline need while fostering a stronger relationship between you and your cat
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Durav, Vyria (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 194 Pages - 08/15/2022 (Publication Date)
- PREMIUM CATNIP: 100% Natural Premium North American Grown Catnip your feline friends are sure to enjoy!
- HISTORY OF EXCELLENCE: Cosmic Catnip has been made for over 30 years and is packaged here in Ohio. It is a great alternative to catnip sprays and safe for cats of all ages.
- HIGH POTENCY: Our fragrant catnip has a tempting and enticing aroma to attract your cat into play time! Cosmic Catnip will encourage playful behavior, watch them purrrr, scratch, and meow for hours of fun.
- DETER DESTRUCTIVE BEHAVIOR: Us our premium catnip with other cat toys, their favorite cat scratching post and cat scratcher to deter destructive behavior.
- SUGGESTED USE: Catnip can safely be given every other day, however, effectiveness wears off with constant exposure. Giving your cat a break between exposures ensures enjoyment each time!
- Age range description: All Stages
- Contains one (1) 16 oz. tub of TEMPTATIONS MixUps Cat Treats Catnip Fever, including three of your cat’s favorite flavors: chicken flavor, catnip flavor, and cheddar cheese flavor
- No artificial flavors for an amazing taste your cat will love
- Crunchy outer shell helps to control tartar and support dental health
- Under two calories per treat, these little goodies make the perfect snack or reward that can be given daily
- 100% nutritionally complete and balanced healthy cat treats for adult cat maintenance
- Treat ’em again and again with this value-sized, resealable tub: perfect for keeping cat paws off when you’re not watching
- CATNIP - Frontier Co-op Organic Catnip (Nepeta cataria) is cut and sifted leaves of the aromatic catnip plant. There are no artificial additives or chemicals used at any step of the growing process.
- A VERSATILE INGREDIENT - Catnip is most often used to attract cats, but can also be used as an ingredient in herbal teas.
- SOOTHING FLAVOR - Frontier Co-op Organic Catnip is a member of the mint family. It has a cool, soothing flavor profile.
- AMERICAN ORGANIC - Frontier Co-op Organic Catnip is grown and processed in the United States. This product is certified organic, safe for cats and humans.
- ABOUT US - Owned by stores and organizations that buy and sell our products, Frontier Co-op has been a member-owned cooperative since 1976. We support natural living and our products are never irradiated or treated with ETO. We're committed to the health and welfare of the environment and everyone producing and consuming our botanical products.
- 100% ORGANIC CATNIP NATURALLY GROWN IN THE USA
- TOP SHELF BUDS FOR YOUR KITTENS. Give your cat the nip they deserve.
- SAFE and HEALTHY way to get your cat to exercise while you sit back and get some laughs.
- THE SECRET STASH : Our OG Puss catnip has a deep history and is proven to make cats go wild!
- Made with only the best parts of the catnip plant, our Zoom Around the Room Oraganic Catnip contains only the leaf & flower
- Zoom on, little floor muffins! This fantastic catnip can be added to your kitty's favorite toy or just given to them as a treat
- Keep it fresh! This organic catnip comes in a zip-sealed plastic bag for a longer shelf life
- Revive old cat toys by rubbing a pinch of catnip right on the toy or simply shake toys in a bag with catnip to bring out that new scent; also works on scratching posts
- Bag contains 0.5 ounces of 100% organic catnip and safe for all cat life stages
- Enjoying FAT CAT? Petmate makes a variety of pet products for dogs, cats, chickens & other small furry friends! Check out our brands such as Aspen Pet, Arm & Hammer, Booda, Chuckit!, Jackson Galaxy, JW toys & more!
- Perfect Gift: The cat chew toy is filled with catnip and we choose the more breathable fabric to allow your cats smell the catnip easily and make your cats be more interested in palying with them.
- Bite resistant: Fine suture of this cat toy makes it durable for biting. Don't worry it will be chewed up.
- Safe and High Quality Material: More Durable Cotton Linen; Stuffed with Soft PP Cotton and Natural Catnip
- Application: Helping reduce your pets' boredom and separation anxiety by killing time with the chew toy and the catnip toys for cats are ideal for cats to play indoor or outdoor.
- SERVICE - 100% refund or replace will be supported if not satisfied and just be free to contact us if any questions.
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Sage, May (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 184 Pages - 09/28/2017 (Publication Date) - Madam's Books (Publisher)
- ✅ 100% NATURAL CATNIP: Grown & Harvested the Pacific North West of the USA. Our catnip is pure, potent, and without chemicals, pesticides or fillers
- ✅ PREMIUM: planted, grown, and harvested at the highest peak of season, ensuring the best Plant quality and ultimate potency
- ✅ CATS love it: attracts cats like a magnet to toys, scratchers, and pet bedding. Helps redirect destructive behavior like scratching on furniture
- ✅ VALUE: 3 oz tub is great for families with multiple cats or to keep any cat going for a long time. Resealable container helps to retain freshness
- ✅ PET SAFE: 100% safe and non-toxic. A healthy way for your cat to play. Great for refreshing old cat toys, or making your own catnip toys
- ✅ USA MADE: This product is hand packed, and top is hand tightened in our facility in Ohio. Please contact us if opened during transit
- ✅ PET CRAFT PROMISE: If your pet isn’t totally happy with the product, please contact our team of caring pet lovers to help you. Just visit our website for more information
- 100% Natural and Non-toxic: the catnip balls are made of pure natural plant extracts, no chemical additives contained. Rest assured this toy is no harm to your favorite kitty. Includes 4 different flavors: “catnip”, “silvervine”, “the fruit of silvervine” and "cat energy ball" that conspire to arouse your cat’s interest to lick and play
- Practical Design: the cat toy can easily stick to the wall or other surfaces with strong viscous force, no falling off when your kitten licks and plays. The 4 balls are 360° rotatable when being licked
- Keep Cats Healthy and Happy: Catmint is conducive to mitigating cat’s lassitude and depression, stimulating appetite, improving digestion and excreting hairball. The cat energy ball promotes cat's metabolism and stimulates growth
- Teeth Cleaning: catnip could effectively reduce cat’s dental plaque and tartar, freshen breath and improve oral health for your kittens
- Caution: According to our diligent experiments, we found that some kittens under 3 month old might not be interested. If your cats turns out to be not interested, please contact our customer service email and we will full issue refund immediately
- Warning: Catnip, silvervine and gall fruit are no harm for cats. But it's normal a teeny-tiny part of cats might overract to catnip, silvervine and gall fruit. Those cats might urinate, vomit or have diarrhea. Please rest assured thay arte not really getting sick. Just reduce frequency of use and they'll recover soon.
What is catnip?
If you haven’t heard of the term catnip specifically, you must have then heard of it through other terms. Catnip is also known by multiple other names like Field Balm, Catmint, Chataire, Cataire, Herbe A Chat, Menta De Gato, Catnep, Catswort, etc. Irrespective of the name, cats seem to harbor a special place for this in their hearts. Cats cannot seem to get enough of catnip.
Catnip originates from Asia and Europe and has a very tangy and minty flavor. Although other pets too like it at times, catnip has been associated with cats for the longest period of time. Cataria which is another name for catnip, comes from Latin and mean “of a cat”. This herb belongs to the mint family known as labiatae and is a perennial herb. The name catnip is said to come from the effects the herb has on cats. The variety of catnip called nepetalcataria is the one that cats have shown the most liking towards.
How does catnip affect my cat?
Nepetalactone is the active ingredient in catnip which is an essential oil. This creates a change in the behavior of cats, be it domestic or wild ones. Research shows that about a half or two thirds of cats will react to this essential oil. However, at times this does not seem to have any effect on kittens that show reaction only after the development of their body.
What are the symptoms of catnip effects?
Habitually, most cats respond to catnip with chewing, shaking of the head, sniffing, rubbing of the body, shaking the chin and face, licking, etc. Cats also roll on the floor because of catnip consumption. Some other kind of responses can be aggression, drooling, stretching, jumping, and being hyperactive. What people usually consider to be the high in cats, will last for about a good 5 to 10 minutes.
The experience that cats have through catnip is very intense but does not last for very long. While some cats might get super active and play a lot, some others might just sit calmly in a good mood. Irrespective of the type of reaction, your kitty will need at least 2 hours before it can consume and respond to catnip again.
If you are letting your cat experience catnip too frequently, then it might stop responding to catnip after a point of time. Experts often recommend that you should not give catnip to your cat more than once after every two weeks or so. This will prevent your cat from getting used to the effects of catnip.
Benefits of catnip on cats
Apart from giving instant excitement to your cats, catnip has many other health benefits too. Let us check some of them out:
Just like humans, felines have been known to suffer from stress too. One of the properties of catnip is that it can act as a mild sedative. This is not as strong as it can affect us but cats seem to get affected by the sedative. When cats seem to experience stress and anxiety, a slight dosage of catnip will help them to calm down.
Did you know that you can give a catnip bath to your cat as well? Cats have been seen to face a lot of skin problems, resulting in itching and hair loss. Consulting a vet is necessary but you can make poor kitty feel good in the meanwhile. Do this by sprinkling a bit of catnip into warm water and bathing your cat with it. This will undoubtedly give your cat some relief.
Your cat can get stomach issues from stress. Catnip can help relax the muscles of your cat which can promote flatulence. Bloated stomachs can be treated with catnip and it will make your cat feel better instantly. This will also reduce the chances of your cat having stool with bad odor and spare you the pain of going through that.
In what form do we get catnip?
You can get catnip in dried form or you get it in the form of sprays too. If you want to go all organic, then you could try growing some indoors too. But that will be quite some effort. Depending on how your cat is, you can choose the form of catnip that it will respond to the most.
What is the right dosage?
Honestly, there is no right dosage for cats. It just depends on you to figure out how your cat responds to catnip. Contrary to what you would like to think, catnip is not given to cats in the way you give them food. All you have to do is to take a pinch of catnip and sprinkle it on scratching posts or the areas in the hours where your cats spend the most of the time. Also, it is best if you do not serve catnip in food bowls with food. This might lead to over consumption and may create problems in digestion.
A lot pet shops and brands these days sell catnip in the form of toys. So, you will find toys that have catnip filled inside. When your cat plays with the toy, it will sniff the catnip and get the so-called high. You can also make a catnip toy at home by filling a bit of catnip into an old sock and tying it up. Or you can also take a paper bag, put a slight amount of catnip inside it, and roll it up into a ball. Your kitty will have the high time of its life when it plays with these toys.
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2023-09-23.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.